Saturday, January 21, 2012

I love my Prada Infusions!


I love Prada's line of Infusion eau de parfum! It started from my discovery of Prada Infusion de Iris, which I fell in love immediately. I wore it everyday, to school, lunch, etc. It is a fragrance that is suitable for both summer and winter. It is so clean and fresh, and it doesnt smell too overwhelming or overly sweetish feminine. So imagine my delight when I discovered that there are additions to the Infusions line, limited edition ones! Gasp! 

I first saw Infusion de Fleur D' Orangier at a Prada boutique in Hong Kong. After trying it and leaving it on my skin for a few hours, I came back again the next day to purchase it. Turns out that it is all sold out in the whole country, and those are just samples displayed in the store!!! T.T I was soo sad that I tried to search every single store in Hong Kong and Singapore to no avail, as it is limited edition and sells out fast. Then I discovered Infusion De Tuberose in China, but decided not to purchase it cause I wasn't so into it at that time, it has this Mediterranean feel to it, like a spa, but I regret it after wards, as usual. It leaves behind a scent so soft, just like bathing in flower water. The citrus in it also adds some sparkling freshness to the flowery note. It turns out that other than China, nowhere else still has it anymore :(

So imagine my delight when I saw both of these fragrances in Indonesia! Gosh now I am so in love with Indonesia, I think it is because there isn't a huge market for luxury products here, and that everyone who can afford luxury products had gone shopping overseas, that every limited edition items that has been sold out everywhere is still full in stock here! I tried both, but couldn't decide on just one. Orange has this strong Jasmine note on the first spray, and after a while it leaves behind a very soft and feminine soapy powdery scent. At first it smells like Juicy Couture, but much more elegant. Tuberose smells more flowery, with a citrus base to it, but it disappears faster than Orange. Ironically, both of them contains similar ingredients. Tuberose has Blood Orange in it, while Orange has Tuberose in it! LOL! It just differs on the proportions (couldn't find the right word), and which note is stronger. So anyway....I got both!!! I still use my Iris which is running out fast for normal daily activities, Tuberose when I feel more feminine, Orange for a more formal occasion as I feel that it is stronger than the other two. Right now all I want is Infusion de Rose, which I haven't tried and haven't seen anywhere. I have faith that I will love it though. Once I have that, then my Infusions collection will be complete! But I doubt that I'll ever find it....:(

No comments: